Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

Valentines day was an exciting event here on the campus. We had been waiting for weeks for this day constantly wondering which boy would ask us to be their valentines. We have a funny ratio of 1 girl to 3 boys so technically we could have had 3 dates. We had a few tables set out and the girls were told to spread out and allow boys to sit where they choose. It worked out well and I got to sit with a lovely family who work here on the property. They have the most adorable twin boys who I call my boyfriends (just to get a rise out of them). Anyways it was an amazing night with AMAZING food! I can’t praise our chef enough.



These boys came and volunteered to serve and wait on us. As you can see, we had an abundance of food. I was especially excited for the watermelon! I don’t think many people liked it, which was good for me. I must have scarfed half of it down myself.



Here we are, the fabulous girls. I have to admit, they looked gorgeous. They made the boys go crazy.


If I had to choose a date, I would have choosen Peter by far. I can’t tell you how much I adore this young man. Our first day, we sat beside each other while eating supper and he proceeded to tell me jokes which were honestly not that funny. 4 weeks later, he is a brother. He has an amazing heart. He just inspires goodness in everyone. He doesn’t have a bad bone in his body. He is very mature for just finishing high school. He is an absolute delight to be around. And you can’t tell in this picture, but he is tall! He must be at least 6’4. He is also one of our star soccer players.


Meet Makau (pronounced ma-cow). He is our bible school registrar/mentor/counselor/teacher/friend. He picked me up from the airport when I arrived 4 weeks ago and has been a great friend to me. He is often the one to lift my spirits when I am having a rough day or take me out for ice cream if I am craving some food other than rice and beans. He has made these last 4 weeks extremely enjoyable for me.



We girls were each given a beautiful rose. Rahab gave me hers since she hates flowers and thinks they are nothing more than weeds! The only problem was that we couldn’t find a vase to put them in so we improvised with a water jug where they sit in the middle of the room.

All in all, it was a lovely evening. It was a treat to get good food, great company and chance to celebrate loving others and the Jesus’ abundant love for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment