Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Grammar never was my forte

I was just reading through some of my past blog posts and I realized that my grammar and spelling are terrible.

Sorry.

Pole in swahili.

I never was the best writer. I used to send my college essays to my dad so he can proof read them before I had to submit them. I remember a co-worker of mine spending a considerable amount of time correcting the mistakes on a report I had written. I don't know what it is. Maybe I am just a lazy typer or I neglect to look over my drafts before I make them final. Maybe my head goes too fast for my fingers.

Although, in my defence, my english is really suffering these days with all the swahili and broken english I listen to everyday. Today I was having lunch with some friends when I said, "You is going tomorrow?" Oh my. My family and friends laugh at me when we talk on Skype because I have a funny accent and get my words all mumbled up. I get frustrated when I can't find the right word in english or in swahili. If I am trying to speak swahili but I can't find the word I am looking for, I will replace it with the french word thinking that it's ok just as long as it is not the english word. Kenyans should know french right?

Whatever the reason may be, I am sorry for the frequent sloppy writing. Sometimes I can't even understand what I have written. Thanks for still reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment