Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Airport arrival

Leave it to my mom to snap every second of my arrival in the airport. 

My dad reaching over the bars to give me a hug. I pushed my little cart away and gave him a hug though.

A smile after surviving the 24hour+ journey. I won't lie and say that it was enjoyable. It wasn't. There were definitely some highlights and definitely some bumps but I made it and my feet are happy to be on the ground again.

Daddy-daughter hug. No tears this time. I think after being able to see each other on a regular basis on Skype made things easier.

I didn't know that they had video screens watching you as you come around the corner so that your loved ones can see when you will come out of the gate. So my parents waited anxiously watching this video screen till I finally arrived.

Mommy and me. 

It is nice to be back in Castlegar. I have unpacked and am getting over jet lag. Although I was awake at 3am this morning for a little while. My bags are unpacked and I have settled back into my room. I am drinking 2 cups of delicious coffee a day and eating lots of tasty foods. I am now on the hunt for a job. I went to go print off my resume yesterday and found out our printer doesn't have ink in it. I was stuck. This would have been a lot easier in Kenya as there are cyber cafes everywhere that you could just go and print something off for really cheap. But there is not one cyber in Castlegar. So I struggled to think of what to do. Dad said he would print some copies off for me at work today so I will be able to start handing them out within the next couple days. 

Anyways must get ready to see a friend now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment