Saturday, November 13, 2010

Welcome Back Nikole!


Yes I am home! I endured the 19 hours of flying high in the sky and have landed safely in Vancouver. God's hand was upon my whole trip. As the plane was taking off in Nairobi, I was reading Psalm 68 where I found this verse, "Ascribe strength to God; His excellency is over Israel, and His strength is in the clouds" (vs.34) 

So the plane ascended into the clouds, I thanked Him for His strength in the clouds. 

I landed in Amsterdam only to meet up with another missionary couple who were on the same flight. We got chatting and they invited me into some fancy shmancy lounge with them where I got a nice chair to relax in, free delicious food, free internet, and a chance to hang out with a cool couple. It was such a blessing. The flight out of Amsterdam was just wonderful. So smooth, calm, and uneventful. 

I landed in Vancouver thanking God for the amazing journey. I didn't like all of it but He brought me through it. I walked around the corner and was greeted by my parents and grandmother. It wasn't the tearful reunion that I am used to (which I think has to do with how much we used skype this year) but it was wonderful to be in their arms again. 

We headed to my Uncle and Auntie's house stopping at A&W for a big, juicy burger. When we arrived there, I found this big "Welcome Back Nikole" sign on the table. My precious cousins had made it for me. Since they weren't here, they drew me some nice pictures and some directions around the house. It was precious!

But it is now almost 5:30 am. I have been up since 4am. Jet lag has gotten the best of me. I was so exhausted last night so I was convinced I would sleep but I guess my body had other plans. 

Anyways, thanks to those of you who were praying! God is so good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment