Monday, April 4, 2011

My husband to be


I guess it is about time that I write about the most exciting event that happened in my life this year. 

Just about two years ago, I met this young man. After one of the most trying times in my life, I had come to an amazing place with God. He had showed me His heart for me and the path that He wanted me to take. A few weeks later, He brought Kelvin into my life. It was unexpected (and honestly I vowed that I would never marry a kenyan). But as we continued to get to know each other, it was very clear that we had strong feelings for one another. On top of that, God had given us practically the same dreams and visions for our lives. I remember him explaining to me exactly what he wanted to do with his life and it lined up almost perfectly with what God had just revealed to me. 

Since then we have been two peas in a pod. We have gone through a lot between us being separated for months while I went home to struggling with people who are not so excited for us to working through cultural issues. But we have Loved harder than I think I ever have in my life. He is a friend to my soul, my other half, and soon to be husband! 

He proposed to me on my birthday. He took me on a romantic private boat ride as the sun was setting. One it was dark, he popped the question. I don't really even remember what he said. I just remember crying out, 'yes i will! yes i will! yes i will'. It was perfect. 

There is no wedding date just yet. My dream would be to bring him to Canada before we make the final commitment of marriage. Pray that God would grant us that opportunity. 

In the meantime, we are running the Rehma boys together as a team. We are loving spending time together and preparing ourselves to be husband and wife. He is constantly humbling me as he selflessly takes care of me, is patient with me, and loves me unconditionally. He even washed my shoes today after I stepped in a mud puddle! Precious. 


So from now on, you will be hearing alot more about 'us' on this blog, not just me. 

I am getting married!!




No comments:

Post a Comment