Thursday, July 28, 2011

Quite the week

It has been quite the week.

That is a good thing.

A week and a half ago we got the news that we had been dreading: Kelvin was denied his visa.

We were surprised that we found out so soon since they told us we would know end of august. Kelvin traveled all the way to Nairobi to pick up his denied documents. It wasn't fun. I did cry for about 20 minutes but then got over it.

Our plan was that, if we didn't get the visa, we would get married in December.

So this week has been full of wedding plans!! We have the venue, the date, the colours, the guest list, and the band. I am meeting with a lady about invitations and we are going to look at decorations with a wedding designer. It has been so much fun!

I have also decided to go home for a couple months. Since the wedding will be in December, not many friends and relatives will be able to attend so I wanted to go home to celebrate with my peeps there. I leave in a week and a half and will return to Kenya in the beginning of October. I will spend a few days in Vancouver hanging out with my granny, catching up with some college friends, and going to a BC lions football game with my high school grad date. I will then fly to Castlegar on August 14th to spend the rest of summer in the beautiful Kootenays.

I look forward to doing some wedding dress shopping with mom and a few close friends. I can't wait to sit on my deck and drink coffee with my dad in the mornings. I am dreaming about artichoke and asiago cheese dip with pita bread and steak with broccoli. I want to do some of the local hiking trails in the beautiful mountains and go sea-dooing down the river with my brother. I am looking forward to my time at home.

Keep us in your prayers as to what our next steps will be as a married couple. We are not exactly sure where God wants just yet and we don't know where we will get the money to do what He asked us to do. But we stand on His promises that His plans for us are indeed good, He will supply all our needs, and He will never leave us nor forsake us!

Can't wait to see your beautiful faces in a few short weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment