Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!


Yesterday was my 22nd birthday. Birthdays generally aren't a big deal here but my classmates made it extra special for me. I have to admit that I was a bit weepy in the morning missing my friends and family back home. Often, I really crave being around people who just know me well. But my friends here quickly made my tears dry up. I had such a fantastic day. 

My bestie Rahab baked me a delicious cake to share with everyone. I blew out all my candles as everyone sang their rowdy version of 'Happy Birthday to you'. They were banging on tables and jumping around singing in swahili. It was a hoot. 

Everyone was excited!



It was a special day! I am so thankful for the past 22 years of life that God has given me. He continues to guide me, transform me, and love me unconditionally!

1 comment:

  1. i love reading through your blog,
    u had a great itme in kenya as i can see
    ave a fabulous break

    ReplyDelete