Thursday, February 10, 2011

Busy last days

One week today and I will be boarding my plane back to Kenya. I am so much more relaxed this time. I am not sure why. I feel like I am just going home. I know what to expect so I am not so anxious about uncertainty. I am so excited for what the next few months hold for me. I am slowly learning to surrender everything to Him including my plans. I realized that I often say that I surrender my life to Him but I really only mean that I surrender my life to Him when my life is going according to my plans. I  am starting to let go of my plans a little more and allow more room for God to guide me. It is so important to plan and to vision what your life will be like, but not to hold on to them so tight that it blurs your sense of where God is leading you. Practical lessons that are constantly challenging me. 

My days are busy right now. I am trying to fit everyone in for one last goodbye. I think people are used to me coming and going so much that it is not as dramatic anymore. Although this time is a little different because I don't know when I will be coming back to Canada. 

And packing is turning out to be a bit more thinking than I had intended. I am already trying to figure out what I need, what I can and can't get there, what I want to bring from home, what I could leave behind, how to maximize my baggage allowance, and so on. How do you pack not knowing when you are coming home? It's a good thing I am not too attached to my things in Canada.

Today I received the most beautiful card from my grandmother. Inside, I found my grandfather's old book of psalms that he used to take with him to Sunday school. Inside it is written, "Douglas MacGregor, 1932." I am definitely taking that along with me. 

Pray with me for the next few days. I will be leaving Castlegar on Tuesday to go see my brother for one night and then off to Vancouver to see my beloved grandmother one more time then I fly out on Thursday evening. Pray for safe travels (and a peaceful heart for me). Pray for precious times with my family over the next few days. Pray that I would put God first in every step I take. 

Chloe and Alivia McKenzie! Beautiful girls with beautiful hearts. I love hanging out with these girls and walking with them as they experience teenage hood. They are so much fun!

I have an extra suitcase designated just for the Rehma Boys' equipment that my community has donated to them. I cannot wait to see them all dressed up in their new gear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment