Thursday, February 17, 2011

In the airport again

Seems like just yesterday I was in the Vancouver airport. I guess it has only been 3 months since I got home back to Canada. To me it felt like 5 years but to my parents it was just too short of a visit home.

I guess this trip is a bit different. Most times I am going knowing what I will be doing. I know that I will have an organization to work with who will guide me and work with me for ministry. This time I am going on my own. I am not really accountable to any person or organization. I don't really have a specific job or ministry that I will be working with. My mindset is a bit different. I am going there to settle, to move, and try figure out life.

My packing was a bit different this time. Instead of packing enough supplies to last me a few months, I am packing things that I want to put in my home. My mom and I went shopping for a nice towel set yesterday. I have some kitchen supplies and even some luxury foodstuff. I brought DVDs and tupperware containers.

Also my heart is in a different place. I am not so much preparing myself for ministry and the work that is waiting for me there. I am going, with a willing and obedient heart, to do whatever God asks of me. That could mean starting an orphanage or getting job or going to school or something else. I really don't know.

Here are some more goodbye pics with my grandma and brother. I will miss these 2 people incredibly.





Whatever is going to happen, I know God is preparing me for it. I don't know how but I know that He is. And I am so excited for what is awaiting me in Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment