Thursday, September 6, 2012

Some new things

Do you ever get a 'new thing'? Something you obsess over, tell everyone about, use too much, and then eventually get tired of? 

Right now, my new thing is homemade pizza dough. 

I have always been hesitant to make my own pizza dough. I have passed the yeast in the grocery store so many times debating whether to buy it or not. I guess I have never been the greatest of cooks and anything that seems to flop easily is kind of out of my reach. I tried pizza dough the first time I moved to Kenya (in 2008) and it was awful. It turned out to be this like hard, flat, paper type thing. I still wonder how I got through that year. I don't remember making anything good.

Anyways, I finally took the plunge, was suggested a good recipe and tried it out. 

I will never go back to store bought. Fresh pizza dough is divine. 

We have had pizza more in the past 3 weeks than we have the whole year. Today I finally got the hunch that its getting a little bit old. Time to get a 'new thing'. 



 It's actually really cheap to make if you make the dough yourself. The cheese is the most expensive part but every thing else is cheap, cheap, cheap. 

And it looks like Neema has a new thing too. This plastic bag. She has spent the whole day inside of it. Not sure what the attraction is. Maybe its like her own little bedroom that no one can come in. Who knows, but it seems to be  her new thing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment