Thursday, June 30, 2011

Oh Canada!



After living in Kenya for almost 3 years now, I have never been more proud of being a Canadian. 

Canada is truly an amazing country. 

I am grateful that God chose me to be born in a country that has a government who actually takes care of it's people, has some of the most gorgeous landscapes in the world, and has an incredible blend of beautiful, humble people. 

Don't get me wrong, I do love this quirky country of Kenya (Kenya ranks #16 on the failed states list for 2010 - not something to be particularly proud of.) 

I haven't decided what I am going to do today to celebrate Canada day. Unfortunately, I don't have many canadian friends here in Mombasa to celebrate with. I think I will make my dad's famous camping burritos (which he usually makes this time of year when we do a big family camping trip to Summit Lake). I was also given a huge bag of Jolly Ranchers (I know they are not specifically Canadian but they remind me of home) that I plan to suck on all day. And maybe I will give my family a call later on and say hi as all my aunts and uncles will be celebrating at my house in Castlegar. 

Happy Canada Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment