Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A good friend comes to visit


I have been to Kenya 4 times now and the only person from home who has come to see me is my daddy. It's strange when I go home and tell everyone about my life and adventures in Kenya and no one understands or can relate to what I am talking about. But now I have a friend who I can reminisce about all things Kenyan when I get back to Canada. My dearest friend, Daphne, came to visit me this weekend in Mombasa. Daphne and I met when I went to school in Vancouver for a couple years. Since then, she has become one of my best friends and a big encourager to me. So it was an absolute delight to be with her this weekend and to hang out with a good ol' Canadian friend. 

Silly me forgot that I live right on the beautiful Indian ocean. I never go swimming or to the beach but Daphne encouraged me this weekend and I think I might have to make it a habit. We had loads of fun bobbing up and down in the waves.


Beach feet. I always wear flip flops as there are tons of sea urchins and other pokey, stingy things that live in the waters. 

Daphne and her friend making discoveries in the water. This is the beach in front of Word of Life. It's not the best to swim on so we go further down in front of some of the resorts. 

Eating yummy coastal food. It was a nice treat for Daphne who has been eating overly greasy village food for the last month. 

We also watched the World Cup finals together at a local joint. The place was packed with people from all over the world. Yay Spain! I am glad it's over. Now our lives won't revolve around the game schedule. 



We had a wonderful time together. I thank God for such a good friend and a wonderful visit. He knows just what I need right when I need it.

1 comment:

  1. :-) glad that you have someone to really share the experience with!
    as much as i try to tell people what it's like here...they won't know until they experience it themselves. i am sure that you understand what i mean...

    ReplyDelete