Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Roasted Maize



This is a common site here in Kenya. Roasted Maize. It's just corn (not that yummy, soft, yellow, sweet corn we have back home) that is roasted over a charcoal fire. It's everywhere. And its super cheap. The most expensive you will pay for a large cob is less than 25 cents. I can eat a whole one and make it a meal. In Mombasa, they will even put lime and masala on it to give it a little sumin' sumin'.

So I was sitting in the van and decided to take a pic of one of my favourite snacks. One thing I love about Africa is the street food. I know they advise us not to eat it because chances of getting sick are high but thanks be to God, I have never been sick from street food. You can get anything on the streets. I used to walk around just buying food and by the time I got home, I would be full and wouldn't need to cook supper. I will miss street food when I get back to Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment