Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Give me a break, give me a break...

...break me off a piece of that KIT KAT BAR

I am getting a small break from Mombasa.

And I am SSSOOOOO grateful for it.

This past weekend was tough. I enjoyed it with my friends for the most part but I just realized that I am getting really tired of the coast. This is a natural thing. I remember talking to some missionaries who said that they travel somewhere every 3 months just to get a small break from their place. After 3 months, they start to get antsy and moody and not motivated to do much.

And that's where I am at.

I am antsy to get out of here. I am getting a wee bit moody these days. And my motivation levels have dropped.

So I came home yesterday after a weekend in town on the verge of tears. I just kept praying that somehow I could get a break. Not a break from Word of Life, not a break from my friends or church, not a break from work, but a break from my surroundings, the coast, the city, weather, the ocean. In my heart, I really wanted to go to Eldoret: my fav place on earth. It's such an amazing area with quiet, peaceful landscapes, simple lifestyle, the most perfect weather, and beautiful people.

A few minutes later, my good friend Makau, from Word of Life in Nairobi, called and asked if I wanted to join them on a trip they were making to a school. It's not just a school. It's a school in a town right near Eldoret!! I know the school and have passed by it many times. I have driven through the area on numerous occasions. Amazing! It was just what I was wanting!

God knows what we need when we need it eh????

So we chatted with our bosses and agreed that I could go. Today I washed some clothes and got myself ready. I will be leaving on a bus for Nairobi at 10am tomorrow morning and will hopefully be there by 6pm. I will spend a few days visiting with my friends from Word of Life nairobi as well as some of my bible school classmates. Then on friday I will make the drive, that I have done too many times to count, to one of my most favourite places on earth.

Thank you Jesus for giving me a break...

This is a photo of the area I will going this weekend. I got the chance to really trek through this area over a year ago. It was incredibly beautiful with all the hills and lush forests. 

I went with my 'family' in eldoret to go visit a relative in school. This was a picture we took on the edge of the great rift valley. Beautiful!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment