Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cousins!

The highlight of the last few days for me was definitely seeing my cousins again. I haven't seen them since Christmas last year. Now, we have never been super close like some families are. This is because of many reasons. First, they have always lived far away from us so we only really got to see them during holidays. Second, my parents seemed to be ahead of everyone else and had children much sooner. I am the first grandchild on both sides of my family. Third, I was followed by a gang of boys. After me came my brother and then, over the next 9 years, my aunties only gave birth to boys. So I never quite fit in because I was always the oldest (and then years ahead maturity wise) and I was interested in dolls and pop stars while my cousins like toy trucks and lego. It wasn't until I was 10 years old that I got my first girl cousin. Then I had to wait a few years to be able to play with her but even when she reached that age, I was past playing and was more into music and fashion. So all my girl cousins are 10-15 years younger than I am. 

Nonetheless, they are my cousins and I love to see how they are growing up and turning into some pretty cool people. 

My brother, Mark (right), and Micki have always been a cheeky pair. 

Amanda is my only girl cousin on my mom's side. She is 10 years younger than I am. She has an elastic backbone and can pretty much make any shape with her body. It freaked us all out. 

I love my brother!

Me and amanda doing the dishes!

We took them to a local tobogganing hill since they all live in the city and never see snow. At the top of the hill is Jeremy. 

I live in a boys world. They are past lego and now play poker.


No comments:

Post a Comment