Monday, January 31, 2011

BFFAEAEAEAEAE


Best Friends Forever and Ever and Ever and Ever and Ever and Ever and Ever!

Thats what we used to call each other. 

This is my bestest friend, Nikki Paige Watson. I changed schools when I was in gr.2 and, at the time, it was devastating leaving all my old friends behind. But it didn't take too long before I found a new best friend. Nikki and I have pretty much been inseparable since we were in gr. 2. Nikki and Nikole. Nik and Nik. Two peas in a pod. Attached at the hip. Sisters. BFFs.

Nikki still lives in our hometown and really has no desire to leave. She is not the adventurous type like I am and we have very different interests. But none of that matters when we are together. Often when I would come home from college or Africa, she would be the first one knocking on my door. I open the door, she gives me a huge hug, she helps herself to a cup of tea and we sit down together to play crib. Its like I never left. We can go a year without seeing each other and pick up just where we left off. 

She is the most loyal friend I have ever had or met. She will drop everything in a heartbeat if I need her. She will go out of her way to hang out with me. She doesn't criticize me or judge me even when I know she doesn't agree with me. She is one of a kind. A friend like her is hard to find. 

I am blessed that she is my BFFAEAEAEAE!

No comments:

Post a Comment