Friday, March 23, 2012

24

On Tuesday I turned 24. I guess I am still somewhat of a baby. It's hard to believe. When I look at that number, I realize it is still quite young. Then I think about what I have done in my 24 years and I feel like an old woman.  I have done, seen, experienced a lot in my 24 years of life. It's hard to believe. 

My dad woke me up at 6am with a birthday phone call. Then my Baba called and then I got to skype with Mom. I miss home the most on my birthdays so it was a good start to the day. 

Kelvin had to work all day which left me all by myself. I know that the cafe down the road has cheesecake, and since it is my favourite and my birthday tradition, I splurged and went down there for coffee and cheesecake. 

I sat in this fancy Italian cafe and pondered life. I looked at all the white people around me fiddling on their iPads. Part of my envied them. Part of me didn't. I jotted down some thoughts and wrote an article that will be published on a online magazine soon. Will keep you posted. 
 Then two of my friends who live in the same area as me dropped in a little unexpectedly and surprised me with a humble piece of cake. It was very sweet of them. 

They sang and I blew out my candle. 

 I am very grateful to have these two ladies live so close to me. We have had many laughs on my couch as they drink my crystal light. 

Kelvin rushed home and got all dressed up. He took me to one of our favourite restaurants on the beach. He had arranged for some flowers and a reserved table. He even had the whole staff sing to me and give me the yummiest chocolate mousse cake. 



All in all, it was a very relaxing birthday. I was just psyched about life the whole day. I felt like I was just celebrating me, life, and everything God has done. Then I thought to myself, "Why don't I live like this every day?" Why is it only on my birthday I am excited about life like this? So I purposed to just celebrate, enjoy, and love life all the time. Ok, easier said than done. But I think I will be enjoying coffee and cheesecake more often. Just because I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment