Thursday, March 1, 2012

Random thoughts this friday morning

Just thought I would share, in point form, what I am thinking and what is going on in my life this friday morning. If you don't care, that's ok. I will blog something more interesting another day.


  • I got a cold in this heat. Only less than a month ago, I had the same nasty head cold. Why do we assume cold's come from the cold? Mom used to say, "Put on more clothes. You are going to catch a cold." I can only imagine when I am a mom, "Kids! Take off all those clothes. You are going to catch a cold." Who knew the heat could make one so sick?
  • The workers just poured the cement for the foundation of the apartment building that is going up in my backyard. I am  hoping that means that the work will slow dow a little and my life will be quieter as the cement dries. 
  • I have yet to think of a topic to talk about at my girls meeting tomorrow. I also need to find a recipe for a plain, white cake. 
  • I have to pay my electricity bill on monday. 
  • It's friday which means the mosque somewhere behind our house is calling out prayers all morning. I asked God a few weeks ago why He allows all these prayer calls that are so annoying, eerie, loud, and boisterous? He quickly stopped me and said, 'Nikole, these are mere mutterings to me. I can barely hear them. Don't mind.' Our God is big. 
  • I think I will have the leftover pojo for lunch. Its like green lentils. Yum. 
  • We are planning our little vacation in April. So excited to go visit family and friends as a newly married couple. 
  • My husband cracks me up.  He is so jovial. Seriously, nothing brings him down. He makes light of everything. I just can't help but giggle at the little things he says every day. Brings a smile to my face. 
  • My mind is churning with ideas for a computer centre in Kongowea. I am thinking of what it would look like and how it would run. Today I plan to do some research on computers, prices, and other organizations who have done something like this. I really think the youth need basic computer skills. I guarantee half of our boys couldn't type their names on a keyboard. 
  • I still forget that I live in Africa. 
  • Kelvin has discovered Angry Birds. Like I mean he has really discovered it. It has been on the iPhone for weeks now but only yesterday had he really found out how addictingly awesome it is. He downloaded a bunch of free versions. As I was washing the dishes last night, I could hear him flinging those birds and crashing them into all sorts of things. Then I would hear him giggle and cheer when he passed the level. He even stayed up to finish the game. About 20 minutes after I had went to bed, he barged into the bedroom and said, "Is 0.99 dollars alot? I want to purchase another version on your iTunes. What is your password?" Thanks for waking me. No, it's not a lot. Go ahead and buy it. 5 minutes later he yells from the living room that it is declining his purchase. I then remember that my credit card had expired and I have yet to change the information on my iTunes account. Another thing I gotta do today. 
  • I think I want to really focus on writing and submitting articles. Writing is hard. But I kind of like the challenge. I am waiting for the day that I get my first paid published article. It's coming soon. I can feel it. 
  • I love my husband. I am so proud of him and everything he is doing. I watch the way he does his business and just marvel. For being so young, he is incredible. I observe the way he leads to boys and am amazed. And then I just see how he provides for me. Do you know how rare it is to find a kenyan providing for a white? I only know a handful of kenyan men who provide for their whites. It's usually the other way around. 
  • I gotta go. Kelvin just called and told me he forgot the keys to the office on the table. I am still proud of him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment