Thursday, January 7, 2010

1 MORE SLEEP!

I hate the whole build up to the goodbye thing. I love the feeling when I am pushed through the security gate and there is no turning back. There is no more goodbyes to be said. There is no more worrying about if you packed everything. It's done and you just keep going. I am looking forward to that tomorrow. This past week has been wonderful. I have been quite relaxed and calm. I had a great last sleep in my bed. My head isn't running too much with all the details of what is happening. It's completely God. He's given me a sound mind not to fret or fear or be anxious. I only got a bit frustrated when one of my suitcases weighed in 14lbs overweight. Blarg! I had to leave a few of my belongings behind (including my old computer that I planned to give away) and switch to a smaller, lighter suitcase but all is well now. 

A few months ago I wrote a very specific list of things I needed for this trip in one of my journals. Some of the items were little things (a new power adapter, a few skirts), some were a little more finicky (a new good pair of sandals, a full piece bathing suit) and some were quite outrageous (a new camera, $10,000+ support,  and my dream computer: a Macbook pro). I surrendered them to God knowing that my God shall supply all my needs according to His riches of glory in Christ Jesus.

As I went to bed last night, I was recounting each thing on the list and picturing where it was in my suitcase. I realized that each item on that list is packed into one of my suitcases! I found a great pair of sandals last week, I got a new camera for christmas, the finances are rolling in just perfectly, and my dream computer is perched on my lap as I write this.

So God is good and He is supplying my needs in abundance!

1 comment: